Saturday, 4th August – Registration is now open!
Cycling Ireland Member Entry – €25 Online/€30 on the day
Non-Cycling Ireland Member Entry – €30 Online/€35 on the day
All profits from this event go to charity. This years charities include Samaritans, Irish Pilgrimage Trust, Teac Tom (The Thomas Hayes Trust), New Ross Meals on Wheels, The Watergarden Thomastown and Waterford Hospice.
Marble City Cyclers are delighted to announce that they will be hosting the tenth edition of the Tour de Kilkenny on Saturday 4th of August, 2018. Over the past 9 years, we have raised over €120,000 for charity organisations through the annual support of participants and volunteers.
The 2018 Tour de Kilkenny will run 44KM, 77KM, 110KM and 160KM routes. There is a route to cater for cyclists of all abilities meaning this is a great day out for the family, a group of friends or work colleagues. Or why not make a weekend out of it and enjoy the famous nightlife and hospitalities that Kilkenny city has to offer.
All four routes will leave from the Kilkenny Rugby Club. The 110KM and 160KM leave at 9AM, with the 44KM and 77KM at 11AM.
Online registration will close at midnight Thursday 2nd of August. On the day registration will also be available.
Sign-on is obligatory, even for those who register online. Sign-on times as follows at the Kilkenny Rugby Club:
All Routes – Friday 3rd August 7:30PM to 9:00PM
110KM & 160KM – Saturday 4th August 7:30AM to 8:45AM
44KM & 77KM – Saturday 4th August 9:30AM to 10:45AM
Cycling Ireland Rules and Guidelines
Tour de Kilkenny is being promoted by Marble City Cyclers under the auspices of Cycling Ireland and all entrants must adhere to the following guidelines from their Safety Code:
- Have a bicycle that is in good working order
- Wear a hard shell cycling helmet
- Be mindful of the need to act in a manner that takes account of their own safety and the safety of others
- For safety reasons, no ‘tri-bars’ allowed at this event
- Ensure their fitness level is appropriate to the route chosen
- Ensure their nutritional requirements can be met
- “Sign –on” for the event (regardless if registering online or ‘on-the-day’)
- Be aware that marshals are not empowered to stop traffic
Last Minute Bike Maintenance
The Bike Doctor will be available on the morning before the Tour de Kilkenny start in case anyone needs last minute repairs or supplies. In addition to providing mechanical assistance out on the road on the day.